So, a couple nights ago, I finish my homework and I'm heading to bed. My gaze slides over the wall of the staircase, and what I see makes my heart stop. (Hint: I have arachnidphobia ). That's right. There is an enormous spider just chilling there on the wall. I blink a couple times to get my heart to stop pounding and to try to convince myself it wasn't there. Needless to say, it didn't work. The big black monstrous creature crawls forward a bit, and I lose it. I scream for my mom to come kill. She appears with a slipper, takes on look at it, say "Oh my" and goes to get my dad. Now, that's not a very good sign because my mom is fearless when it comes to killing bugs. Or in this case, man-eating spiders. My dad comes with a magazine, my mom right behind him. He walks up to the spider and gives it a solid whack that resounds through the whole house.
It didn't kill him.
Instead, the spider falls from the wall and straight into a basket with a bunch of stuff in it. Again, my mother goes "Oh no". By now, I'm practically hysterical and hiding myself in my room. My parents start digging through the magazines and find the spider. My dad kills it with the second smack. They kiss me goodnight and go back into their room. I lay wide-eyed on my bed with the light on. For protection, I bring in my chihuahua to sleep with me. His name is Rockefeller Balboa Napoleon, but we call him Rocky for short.
Good luck sleeping tonight, I tell myself.
Note: This spider was probably 3 to 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
No comments:
Post a Comment